Thursday, April 25, 2013

Yay for Clay!

I don't know why I leave my big clay projects for the end of the year but here I go again. Our curriculum progresses the students through the hand-building methods of pinch, coil and slab. On the clay days, I wish that I had hour long classes or saw the students more often than once a week. My fellow team members (PE and music) are very flexible and accommodating but have projects to complete too. So, the students and I make the best of it and the kiln fires daily for about 3 weeks. Needless to say, I sleep well at night and they have a special keepsake or gift to share.





I will post some completed pieces soon. I have a glaze firing cooling now. Opening the kiln is like a birthday  gift. I can't wait to see what is inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment