Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Night Owls

How did we teach without interactive white boards or plan without Pinterest? I know that I'm hooked on both. It's amazing how technology has changed my class from when I taught art in the late 90's and then came back 10 years later. That is all to say, I found this great printing project and thought that my 1st graders would really enjoy it. I was not disappointed.

After studying the big-eyed animals of Georgia folk artist Cornbread, we  rolled on 2 inks with the brayer and then used cardboard, cups, and round sponges to create our animal known for its big eyes. Some are just a HOOT. I know. I did go there. I couldn't resist.







2 comments:

  1. These owls are just wonderful! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. It really was a no-fail project.

      Delete