Saturday, November 10, 2012

Story Character Pumpkins

As a fundraiser for a local charity, homeroom classes decorated pumpkins as their favorite story book characters. Students and parents will be able visit the media center and vote a penny a vote through November 15th, our Science and Literacy Family Night.

Although I don't have a homeroom, I couldn't miss the opportunity to extend the art curriculum into the celebration. I chose Vincent van Gogh as my character (artistic liberty, of course.) Many of the students are familiar with his style and work, especially his sunflower still lifes and Starry Night.

The pumpkin is displayed with the others but is not officially in the competition. I still come out the winner because it offers students and parents an opportunity to talk about art outside the art room.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment